A few years ago I came across the idea of doing a prescribed number of tasks in the year between your birthdays. For example 19 things before your 19th birthday. I tried a few times, but it was always too much on top of school, and tutoring, and extracurriculars. So I didn’t have a list between 20 and 21. I’ve also seen a lot of 101 in 1001 posts, so I decided to combine the concepts. Starting early this summer I made a list of 25 things I would do before my 25th birthday. I have just under four years to tackle these. Some I’m working on already, some I’m planning, and some I won’t be able to do for years. But that’s okay. I have time.
1. Move to a new place by myself.
2. Get a tattoo.
3. Run a 5k.
4. Attend another meditation class at a Buddhist temple (or even Kay).
5. Visit a city by myself.
6. Visit Europe.
7. Publish a book.
8. Buy a subscription to Evernote prime.
9. Buy a subscription to Spotify premium.
10. Get my blog off the ground.
11. Adopt an animal.
12. Become an active alumna of Phi Sigma Pi.
13. Attend a Phi Sigma Pi conference.
14. Surprise someone with something special each month.
15. Try out a notebook planner.
16. Buy a pair of quality nude pumps.
17. Get my master’s degree.
18. Visit Canada.
19. Learn a language well.
20. Buy stock.
21. Learn how to code well enough to make my own website.
22. Get a driver’s license. June 2013
23. Go vegan for a week.
24. Give thank you cards to every professor my final semester at AU. December 2013
25. Instead of birthday gifts, ask for donations to charity.